Data Protection Notice
Terenure Sports Club (referred to as ‘TSC‘, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice) takes its privacy obligations very seriously. Any personal information provided to us, as data controller, by an applicant or a member will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts (as amended).
- In order to process your membership application, maintain your membership record and keep you up to date with information on TSC, TSC will require information from you. Your information, including your personal data, consists of the details provided in the membership application, together with any other information that you give to us from time to time. The information that you supply will be held on a relevant filing system which may be a computer database, or any other database/system.
- Your information, including your personal data, will be retained and processed by TSC for the following purposes:
- To assess and process your membership application and any future membership renewal.
- Maintain your membership record with TSC.
- Keeping you up to date with information on TSC.
- We may disclose your information where we are required to do so by any regulatory body, law enforcement agency, court or other legal process.
- Right of Access: In accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003
(“DPA”), you have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to receive a copy of all “personal data” (within the meaning of the DPA) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. Personal data primarily relates to the following categories of information: your name, your address, your date of birth, If you would like a copy of the personal data to which you are entitled under the DPA, which is held by us contact the TSC Membership Chairperson who is responsible for the management of personal data held by TSC at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you inform us of any inaccuracy in your personal data, we will promptly correct the inaccuracy.
- TSC will only hold your information for as long as it is needed for the purposes detailed in 2. Above.
You may have the right to require us to:
- provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information or your special categories of data;
- provide you with a copy of the personal information that you have provided to us or which we hold;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- delete any data or personal information for which we no longer have lawful grounds to use;
- cease processing of your personal information that is based on consent, by withdrawing your consent to that particular processing;
- cease any processing based on legitimate interests grounds, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- restrict how we use your personal information whilst a complaint is being investigated.
Terenure Sports Club send out digital newsletters to which you may voluntarily subscribe and unsubscribe at any time. Terenure Sports Club uses Mailchimp, a reputable third party, to deliver the email newsletters you will receive from our club.
Mailchimp collects and stores all the information users submit to Terenure Sports Club in connection with the electronic newsletters. If you would like to know more about the information-gathering practices and “opt-out” procedures of Mailchimp, please see http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
You may remove yourself from the electronic newsletter mailing list at any time by following instructions for unsubscribing found at the end of the newsletters. This option is available in each and every newsletter.
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device that contains data related to a website you visit. It may allow a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a period of time, or it may contain data related to the function or delivery of the site. Cookies can be set by the owner of the website or in some cases by third party services the website owner allows to present other information, run content or provide other functionality such as analytics.
Further information on cookies can be found at; https://cookiesandyou.com
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not persistently stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used to deliver basic functions of a website while you are actively using it – for instance during a registration process. Session cookies are generally erased when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This allows the site to deliver functions between browser sessions and subsequent visits. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
Google Analytics make available an opt-out mechanism and more information.
|Used to distinguish visitors to site
|Used to distinguish visitors to site
|Used to throttle request rate
|Used to throttle request rate
|2 years from set/update
|30 mins from set/update
|_ _ utmc
|End of browser session
|Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit
|6 months from set/update
Within your browser settings you can choose whether your wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you and so we provide links below to popular manufacturers’ instructions on how you can do this. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete all cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use (“third party cookies”), or those from specific websites.
Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
Safari Mobile – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Opera – https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Should you be using another internet browser, please check the instructions on your help function on how to disable and delete cookies.
Important note: Blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly.
If you have any questions, or complaints, in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact the TSC Membership Chairperson.
In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to take the matter up with the Data Protection Commissioner whose address is:
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23 Co. Laois