The guidelines below are in addition to the general COVID-19 guidelines provided by the government. They do not replace them. Terenure Tennis Club expects all its members to abide by the government guidelines with regard to social distancing, limitations on the numbers of people who can gather in one place, hand hygiene, travel distances and the recommendations regarding cocooning for the over-70s, self-isolation if you have symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19.
Further guidance can be found at Tennis Ireland at the link below
The tennis community recognises that they are in a privileged position to be able to resume play in the early stages of the return to normality. Continued access to the courts will be dependent on all members adhering to these guidelines. All members are asked to remain vigilant regarding social distancing and ensure these guidelines are adhered to at all times.
Before you Play
- Courts may only be used according to government guidelines. Those that live more than 5km from the courts should not travel to the club. This is on an honour basis and will not be policed by the club.
- Use of courts is permitted for singles play only; Doubles is permitted if partners are from the same household. Children under 18 may play if they are accompanied by an adult from the same household.
- Access to the courts is limited to members only. No guests permitted at this time.
- You are required to book a court before coming to the club for the whole period of your play using ClubManager. The names of all players must be listed on the booking, to facilitate future contact tracing if necessary.
- Courts will be closed at 9pm. Hours may be extended in the future.
- To avoid too many people congregating in the same place, and to facilitate as many people playing as possible there will be limitations on bookings as follows:
- All bookings will be for a maximum of 1 ½ hours. Players are requested to vacate the courts 10 minutes before the end of the booking, to allow space for the next players to arrive at the courts;
- Court bookings will be staggered to avoid players starting and ending at the same time at adjoining courts;
- Player are asked not to book more than one period during any weekday evening.
Arriving at the Courts
- Access is to the courts only. There is no other access to the Club facilities, including the bar or the White Building. Toilet facilities will not be available to members at this time.
- Please make sure that you bring water with you as access to the drinking water taps will not be available at this time
- Please arrive at the courts no more than 5 minutes before the booked start time for your session.
- The first person to arrive at the courts each day should open the gates and leave them open – gates are to remain open all day.
- There is a one-way system to enter and leave courts. Please follow directions at the courts.
- Please maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) social distance when entering the courts.
- Hand sanitiser must be applied before entering the courts area. This will be provided by the club but members are encouraged to bring their own also.
- Court Lighting is not available at this time.
- Players must use their own tennis balls. Please mark your tennis balls to ease identification and only pick up your own balls.
- Please do not handle any tennis balls that roll onto your court from a neighbouring court – kick or hit them back with your racket.
- Please maintain social distancing when playing and do not go onto a neighbouring court.
- Please also maintain social distancing during changeovers.
- Please leave the courts five minutes before the end of the scheduled time to allow next group to enter the court.
- Please pick up all tennis balls and leave promptly while maintaining social distancing after the end of your game.
- Please apply hand sanitiser before opening/closing gates.
- Please follow one-way flow directions when leaving the courts.
Enjoy Your Tennis!