Data Protection Notice
Terenure Sports Club (referred to as ‘TSC‘, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice) takes its privacy obligations very seriously. Any personal information provided to us, as data controller, by an applicant or a member will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts (as amended).
Using Personal Information
- In order to process your membership application, maintain your membership record and keep you up to date with information on TSC, TSC will require information from you. Your information, including your personal data, consists of the details provided in the membership application, together with any other information that you give to us from time to time. The information that you supply will be held on a relevant filing system which may be a computer database, or any other database/system.
- Your information, including your personal data, will be retained and processed by TSC for the following purposes:
- To assess and process your membership application and any future membership renewal.
- Maintain your membership record with TSC.
- Keeping you up to date with information on TSC.
Sharing Personal Information
- We may disclose your information where we are required to do so by any regulatory body, law enforcement agency, court or other legal process.
- Right of Access: In accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003
(“DPA”), you have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to receive a copy of all “personal data” (within the meaning of the DPA) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. Personal data primarily relates to the following categories of information: your name, your address, your date of birth, If you would like a copy of the personal data to which you are entitled under the DPA, which is held by us contact the TSC Membership Chairperson who is responsible for the management of personal data held by TSC at email@example.com. If you inform us of any inaccuracy in your personal data, we will promptly correct the inaccuracy.
Retention of Personal Information
- TSC will only hold your information for as long as it is needed for the purposes detailed in 2. Above.
You may have the right to require us to:
- provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information or your special categories of data;
- provide you with a copy of the personal information that you have provided to us or which we hold;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- delete any data or personal information for which we no longer have lawful grounds to use;
- cease processing of your personal information that is based on consent, by withdrawing your consent to that particular processing;
- cease any processing based on legitimate interests grounds, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- restrict how we use your personal information whilst a complaint is being investigated.
If you have any questions, or complaints, in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact the TSC Membership Chairperson.
In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to take the matter up with the Data Protection Commissioner whose address is:
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23 Co. Laois